Sunday, March 18, 2012

Saturday Sewing...Sunday cleaning

I did all the straight line quilting on my block quilt from AGES ago.  I need to wait for some thread to arrive before I can do the free motion quilting.  I decided I was going to quilt it in a gajillion different colors. 

THEN something awful happened.  When I was snipping a thread, I cut into my backing fabric! 
I wanted to darn it the best I could, but I can't find the clip!  It's tiny, but I know the washing machine will find it...

So now I just have to wait for it to fray in the wash so I can find it and do my best to repair it.

I can't believe I did that.  Such a stupid mistake...


And then today I did my best to clean my sewing room.  I don't know why it always looks like a bomb went off in there, but I did my best to straighten everything out.   I need to use up a bit of fabric- I'm running out of storage space.  Hopefully I will be able to make another dress this week, so that will use up some yardage. 
The hardest thing for me is throwing out scraps.  I keep a lot of the quilting scraps, but the garment scraps- although it seems wasteful, I will never use. 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I need to go through all my fabric. I don't want to. Back when WalMart carried fabric... and they had the $1/yd shelves... I would buy it up. I have 5 yards of a beautiful purple stretchy something and 5 yrs of the same stuff in blue. I bought these without purpose, but throught that SURELY I will use this for something, and only for $5!!!