This weekend, I did the sashing on the Mario quilt, and now the top is all finished up. Don't look too closely- there are lots of mistakes! It will be awhile before I quilt it. For two reasons: first the gajillion seams every inch really scare me, it is going to be a pain to quilt; second the sashing isn't perfect (this is why I never sash!) and it bubbles up a bit. I think that I should be able to handle that though. Third: I need to find backing fabric. I would like to use video game fabric, but the only one I've found so far is Pac Man, and my husband vetoed that. A friend in Korea is going to look for Mario for me, but otherwise, I will probably just use a solid or marbled fabric.
I also started quilting the words onto Express Your Love. I've got to say, at least close up - it isn't too pretty. I'm not going to do any of the other 'ribbons' until Leah demos some other methods (she says she plans too...)
I've also started designing another art quilt. Our guild challenge is art quilts, so this will take priority over EYL, as I need to have it done I think by June. I'll post about that as time goes on.