Today I spent pretty much the entire day quilting. I finished stippling the outside of the center (large) square. I did some pebbling, some spirals, and some lines to fill the rest of the middle of the snowflake. And magically- all the quilting was done!
Up next was assembly, after a few false starts (sewing the strips to the wrong sides) I had the blocks all assembled. Um, this quilt is big. I've laid it all out before, but for some reason I kept thinking it would shrink once it was put together. Nope- big, big quilt. I'm not sure where it will go in the house, maybe it will have to go into my office.
Before I can do the binding, I need to make a label on my embroidery machine and get it onto the back of the quilt. I also need to decide if I think corner triangles will support the weight or if I have to do a proper hanging sleeve. The problem is- those require hand sewing, and I can't do that!
But OMG! the quilting is done! I took this project on with just about a
year of experience under my belt, to prove to myself that I could
quilt. And you know what- I can quilt! (I'm thinking about entering it
in the state fair this summer. It isn't show quilt perfect, but I
think it is pretty darn awesome (though once I get the binding on, that may not be true anymore, I suck at binding...)