Friday, July 4, 2014

Building Blocks Quilt Along: Block 7

This month's block was a disappearing 9 patch.  I am definitely not a piecer. This was just way too many seam for me. (For some reason it was also not strip pieced like that last 9 patch, and I think that made it even longer.)

The quilting designs on these were interesting. Sadly, I wasn't perfect, and on one of them I am debating ripping the thread out and giving it another try on the part where the mistake is the worst.

This is the one I'm thinking about redoing. The third circle in the center has one quadrant where it is just WAY off. I really think it might be worth fixing.

This one is my favorite of the group. I love the starbursts.
 This one Leah suggests you mark the circles with a circle template. That seemed like A LOT of circles to me. So I just drew the general idea of where the circles went and free-handed them using a squiggle all the way up the column and then back down; kind of like when I do "Diane-shiko" design. I think for free hand, most of them came out pretty circular.

 And here is the progress on the quilt.  I'm not looking forward to doing the sashing. First, because I need to get fabric. And second, because it is going to be a lot of hand stitching.

No comments: