Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Knit and Crochet Blog Week: Day 2

An Inspirational Pattern

Blog about a pattern or project which you aspire to. Whether it happens to be because the skills needed are ones which you have not yet acquired, or just because it seems like a huge undertaking of time and dedication, most people feel they still have something to aspire to in their craft. If you don’t feel like you have any left of the mountain of learning yet to climb, say so!

Honestly, I don't think I have a pattern which I aspire to complete. I kind of feel like I can take on anything I try, and having just completed Daffodil Design, I actually of believe that. Knitting is all just one stitch at a time. I can do one stitch, so I can do them all.

But at the same time, I've had huge failures: like Hardangervidda. Man, knitting a sweater that fit Kevin would be a huge accomplishment. On the Dale of Norway train, what about my recently frogged Bjerk. That was my first sweater- an amazing feet since it involved colorwork, but the construction was poor. Still- construction is sewing, not knitting. I don't care that my sewing sucks.

Then there are things I've never tried- intarsia, entrelac. I'd love to learn to do these, and I have no doubt that I can. I just haven't gotten around to it. (Entrelac should be a breeze now that I've taught myself to knit and purl backwards...)

I'd like to be able to knit Kevin a DNA scarf. Last time I didn't manage it because the selected yarn wasn't suitable, but I have no doubt that I can do it. It's not the knitting skill, it's the patience. Cabling drives me batty. (Back to Dale of Norway- i'd like to reknit "Ask"- it grew in the wash and didn't fit.)


So I admit I have much to learn, and tons to practice- especially for patterns that require fit. But there is no specific pattern I aspire to complete.

No comments: