Sunday, July 25, 2010

I haven't had a lot to say lately. To tell you the truth it's because not much is going on. I lead a pretty boring life- don't sleep well at night, go to work, come home, attempt to sleep. That's about it. There is generally knitting thrown in the middle, and occasionally ice skating that I am not enjoying a lot, or yoga that hurts my calves. (I didn't make it to yoga today due to a stomach ache...)

Today, Suzy came over to play with yarn. We dyed up lots of semi-solids and I'll try to post tomorrow after they dry.

The other big news of the weekend is I finally finished the baby quilt. It's not a masterpiece at all, but it should be perfectly functional for a new baby. I hope baby and mom like it.

Here is the top: My favorite part is the really thin line diagonal quilting. I planned to do some more of it, but it turnd out it took forever, and I just wasn't up to it.



Turns out I love piecing quilts, but not so much quilting them. But the payoff is the back of a finished quilt. I love the way the designs look on the solid. LIke I said- it's not perfect, but I'm very pleased. I like the back better than the front, I think. (Good job picking the fabric Kevin!)



I had to use bias strip for the binding (though I didn't do the seamless binding technique, I took the sloppy, easy way out.) I usually just fold over the backing, but I accidentally cut into it when trimming the batting. Oops. So the backing got trimmed off too..
I'm happy to be done, and sorry I didn't make it in time for the baby's birthday.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks great! I've never actually done the quilting part before, just put some quilt tops together and then taken it somewhere to have them quilt it. You'll have to teach me how.

SuzyQ01 said...

I think you did a great job on that quilt! Thanks for letting me come over and play yesterday - I had a blast...and my finished and dried yarn looks awesome!