Sunday, December 9, 2012

Family Tradition

My husband's family has a tradition.  An Aunt makes a stocking for every new baby.  I'm not the only Aunt in the family, but I'm the only crafty one- so I'm making my third family stocking.
This one I used my embroidery machine to put the name on- so it looks super fancy there.  It is fully lined.  I'm not 100% happy with it (I think I just need to iron it out, but I'm scared of melting the fleece) but I think it looks pretty good.  My SIL told me that the stocking needs to be pretty big, so I tried to make it big. 

 I put off sewing it for quite some time- but it was pretty easy to make.  And my machine just goes right on over the 8+ layers of fabric, fleece, batting, and rick-rack.  It is nice to not have to wrestle with it at all!

I hope they like it.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I've made stockings for the three of us, and they are each a different size and shape, despite my best efforts.

Did you use a pattern or is this all your own design?

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I really want to get personalized stockings for my family, but I want them all to match, and since we haven't had any kids yet, I figured I'd wait...I am looking at getting the ones from pottery barn kids. i think they're so cute!

And this is a really great tradition you guys have!