This block was a paper pieced spinning squares pattern. I have to say, I don't like paper piecing. Although maybe it would have been easier if I cut the fabric rectangles as advised by the pattern and not tried to use scraps; but I know my fabric may run short on this project so I wanted to use up some of the scraps (coming soon: awesome scrap project, BTW. I've done some more collages...)
So here are the 4 blocks.
This block was supposed to just be all over stippling, and that sounded boring. I just got a new magnifying glass so I decided to make up a new design to test it out. What I learned 1) the magnifying glass does help me have better posture, as I don't crane to see the block but 2) you can only see what is in the glass, and that kinda sucks. However, in interest of my posture, I'm going to keep using it.
So here's my design. As always, I like the back more than the front.
This project has really expanded my ability with straight lines, but I'm still not fabulous. For some reason, my piecing on this block as coming apart a bit, so I added an extra line on the inner pink triangles that is basically holding the piecing together. Oops. Clearly I have something to learn about paper piecing...
This was the most fun design. Super easy. I probably should have modified this too, but it wasn't just straight stippling, the pattern was fun.
This was the most challenging design. My circles look more like lumps. I don't think it looks that bad though.
And here is the progress on the whole quilt. I have the houses pieced and 3 quilted already. I'm just now starting to think about how daunting the connecting strips are going to be. This is a lot of blocks!