Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bedroom.




Isn't it so pretty! The paint is a very light purple and the curtains are ones we picked up at Target- they are blackout curtains, so I don't have to kill another sewing machine attaching blackout lining! Why are curtains so hard to find? These are actually kid's curtains (They are called "Bailey" the ones Kevin wanted were "Miley" but the length we needed was out of stock. Those were more lavendar, but I like the dark purple.) I'm not sure what makes them a kids curtain... I need to make tie backs for them, as they don't like to stay open on their own, but right now headbands are working fine.


The floor is just gorgeous. Kevin did such a nice job. We are still looking for some sort of area rug for the side of the bed, but we don't really need it. I think it will just be nice in the winter. (We did find an area rug for the living room!) We still need to hang up some art work in the room. The wall by the bedside table gets a picture of a Texas beach that was given to us at our wedding, and I'm not sure what will go above the dresser now, as the art we had doesn't match the purple... more shopping to do I guess.


The tile in the living room looks fantastic- I think he will grout it tonight, and he is about 1/3 done with the laminate, with plans to finish the room today. The stairs and the landings are all that's left, but that might be awhile.

6 comments:

Linda said...

It looks lovely! You are married to a wonderful man!

SuzyQ01 said...

Beautiful!

Kristen said...

I'm always a fan of purple. kevin, excellent job on the floor!

IASoupMama said...

That looks super, yay!

Unknown said...

Ha ha ... $104 legwarmers. Gotta love that. =)

Anne-Marie said...

Love the little leg warmers. The concept is so darn cute!