Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pointelle done!


I started these socks last month and they knit up fast- but I got distracted and kept knitting other things...

This is another sock from Cookie A's Knit.Sock.Love. That book is fabulous and every knitter should own it.

In other knitting news, I started a striped scarf with 2 colors of knitpicks Chroma yarn. This is the kind of scarf where 2 different self-striping yarns will make the scarf look like I put a lot of effort into the pattern, but really it's nothing at all. Also- worsted weight yarn is amazing. I've done like a foot of knitting in an evening. That's just not possible with the yarn I normally use. And size 8 needles just feel HUGE.

In other craft news, I got 2 sewing books today: One Yard Wonders (not too impressed) and The Bag Making Bible (looks interesting). I need to just find some time to sit down and use up some fabric- but I keep getting distracted by knitting.

Oh, and the yarn I overdyed looks fantastic. Dad's socks are next on the docket- though if the sock club subscription comes in I'll get distracted for sure!

1 comment:

SuzyQ01 said...

I am in serious love with those socks! I will have to check out your book when we meet up.