Saturday, May 28, 2011

Not a good shopping trip

Today I went to Joann's for their memorial day sale. I spent WAY more than I planned, and not on exciting stuff. I thought interfacing was on sale (the whole reason I went) and got interfacing for two of the Amy Butler bags. It was not on sale. It cost $30.

Then, they didn't have the size magnetic snaps I needed :(
And I didn't get elastic for my skating pants...


Finally, I got the same pattern TWICE. I keep a google doc spreadsheet to make sure I don't buy duplicate patterns. This does not help if you are an idiot who takes the same pattern out of the drawers twice. They are even the same size...
At least it was only $1. I guess this way if I cut it and then want to make it again, I can just cut it again rather than try to get the pieces flat again. Or if I need another size I can do that without much trouble. I never trace $1 patterns, it's just not worth the effort.


This is supposed to be a crafting weekend, but I'm stuck on a homework assignment and have done nothing. Tomorrow I need to put rhinestones on a dress. Maybe I'll have time to cut out pieces for the quilt, or get started on one of the bags...

No comments: