Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mmmm...yummy

We just got back from a week long trip to Texas (17 hour in the car yesterday!) It is SO nice to be home. The quilt store called and my embroidery module is ready to be picked up, so I need to finish all my homework so I can get into the car again and drive to Cedar Rapids. But first, I am enjoying one of my favorite Texas treats: New Caanan Farms Jelly (and mustard!) on crackers. We bought 6 jars (3 for me, 3 for Kevin, but I bet he eats my mustard too) and in my opinion, that wasn't enough! Yum, yum, yum!


Our trip was more than just jelly though. We spent a few days in Fort Worth with my sister. I am so thankful for that time. Her kids are growing SO fast. Getting to hang out and play with C., B., and L. was just fantastic. C. is in Kindergarten now and is a baseball champion. I already can't keep up with him. (Quote of the week "Get under the ball, Aunt Jessi! Move your feet!") B. and L. are almost 2 years old now and just adorable. Chasing them around was the highlight of my week.


In Austin, we got to visit with my parents, including a day of wine tasting (not my thing: but it is Kevin's thing: he picked up 4 bottles!) and we got to see Kevin's family. Michael and Rachel, who went on the cruise with us, are now pregnant (mostly just Rachel), and Jill's and Kelly's children C. and R. are growing up fast too (though we just saw them for graduation). This C. also loves baseball, and R. just loves everything: she is smiley and expressive (oh but if you tell her "no" she has an amazing glare.) We played lots of games together, one of our favorite family traditions. We didn't get to see much extended family, but thankfully, we got to see Nan (she stopped by the bowling alley, and also brought us some pie before we left). Oh- and at the bowling alley, C. managed to get both a spare and a gutter ball: behind the bumpers. What a feat! (I think he did about as well as I did- I play with bumpers too :) Funny though, I found that when the ball hits the bumpers, I pretty much never hit a pin. Might as well get the gutter balls, as my good throws never need the bumpers.)



1 comment:

SuzyQ01 said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic vacation...with the exception of 17 hours in the car in one day! So glad you made it home safely :)