Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm not good at the things I'm not good at.

Suzy taught me how to make stitch markers today! It is HARD. The twisting at the end is really really difficult. We went to Michaels and I almost bought beads, but in the end I only got some for knitting onto a cowl. I love my stitch markers. (The one on the own is the one suzy made.)

Here's me holding the first one I made. (Note the short hair.)

The first craft of the day we took on was felted soap. I can't wait to use this. I'm trying to not use plastic bottles anymore, so I'm going to start using bar soap for the first time since I discovered body gel. I'm excited about the wool covering. Mine is the green one- I accidentally put the seam on the top. The felt should get tighter and more even with use.

We also dyed yarn. This is Suzy's first time dyeing, handpainting with Kool-Aid. I dyed some laceweight yarn for Christmas knitting, using a mixture of Jacquard and Wilton's. (AKA the wilton's didn't work and I threw different dye in).

Then we went on an unproductive hunt for DPNs for suzy- Michael's, Walmart, and then the yarn store- which was closed :( It did produce ice cream at Walmart though. And beads for my lace knitting (yet to be decided pattern)- though I still need a smaller crochet hook if I'm not going to thread them)

4 comments:

SuzyQ01 said...

Thanks so much for a great day! I had a blast and can't wait for the next play day :)

Linda said...

Linda pouts in a corner because she's always left out of the fun...

IASoupMama said...

Yay! Hair is cute, I love the stitch markers, and I hope your soap smells yummy!

Anonymous said...

So I'm confused, you're covering the bar soap in wool like you would paper? Also, please disregard the comments on your previous post. I just wanted to make sure I saw your new haircut, which looks just fine!