Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring, Spring, Spring

Kevin came in today and told me that there are four lily's growing in the backyard (eek, you can see a weed there too). Two years ago we had two, but last year we had only 1 because Elsa killed the others. As you can see, now there is a fence to prevent her from getting back there. That fence is actually because some rodent (possibly a Vole) lives under our air conditioner unit and she was digging so vigorously we became very worried it would go off balance and crush her. The hawks take care of the vole's (we hope... we've found one or two halves) so we aren't TOO worried about their digging. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the flowers once they are in bloom. The raspberries in the front yard have started to bud and the strawberries have started to flower. Oh- and neither of our neighbors have mowed their lawn yet. Dandelion stems abound...


I started knitting Cookie A's "Marlene" last night. This is what I have so far. The yarn is knitpicks "bare" fingering weight merino/silk. I dyed it myself and in a happy accident it's one of the most beautiful yarns I've ever seen. It was supposed to be a gradient of blue, but the dye didn't work right (Wilton's icing colors) so I threw in a ton of Kool-Aid to over dye it. It's turned into magnificent hues of purple and pink, with just a few hints of blue still peeking through.

1 comment:

Ronni said...

Pretty sock start! Very pretty yarn!