Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ain't No Sunshine

Actually there is a lot of sunshine- the rain has stopped and my fingers are crossed it will stay away long enough for us to go see Robert Earl Keen tonight. The title refers to my sunshine sock, which I started in a green/yellow colorway. Once again, choosing a variegated yarn fought with the pattern and I have ripped out another cuff of a sock. I recast on in a semi-solid brown color. Knitting with dark yarn is tough- hard on the eyes. I did the ribbing last night while we waited for the Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Iowa City is having their Arts Festival, which explains all the music. The Squirrel Nut Zippers blew a fuse (transformer? The whole city block was dark) so they started 2 hours late. I was exhausted already from a very very busy week (hence no blog posts- 11 hour work days take the blogging away) so we only stayed for 3 songs :( But we got great sushi and ice cream with friends. Tonight is Robert Earl Keen and I am SO incredibly excited. I miss all the great music I listened to, and went to concerts to hear, on a regular basis in Texas.

We are dog sitting so we have a second dog in the house. He is an adorable little dog who is very needy- won't go outside without us, and wants his balls thrown constantly. Elsa really really wants him to play with her, but for the most part he won't. She chases after him when he is running for his ball- but Basie really could not care less that she is around. Poor Elsa.

I have another busy week freelancing, so maybe not too many posts. But I'm not at a point where I feel like I can turn down work, so I'm willing to give up my entire life for it.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Jeremy went to the Squirrel Nut Zippers, too and didn't have knitting to occupy him during the waiting period for someone to haul in a generator. He said it was good once they got started though!