Friday, June 12, 2009

Time to breathe

I finished my assignment last night at midnight. I thought I'd get the whole day off today, or at least until they can assign me something else. Sadly I woke up to an email asking me to "fix" some of my work- in a manor that I pretty much thought was a change in the parameter of the original assignment, or at least the way it was explained.

Oh well, not morning off. For 3.5 hours I worked my butt off to get this done by noon- I finished 3 minutes before then. (That's when they needed it by.)

So I've had some breathing room this afternoon. I vacuumed and did laundry- things that have been very neglected as I've been crazy for 2 weeks.

I did a bit of knitting. And I made a drawstring bag. I hope to make a few more of these, as a way to keep projects together. I can put them all in a basket upstairs, and Kevin won't know he is over run with yarn. This one is the perfect size for a ball of yarn and a sock in progress, but it doesn't fit the pattern. I need to make it a little bigger.

With it, my "Ain't No Sunshine" sock. I'm now at the point I was when I ripped the other one out. It's taken me 2 weeks to get there- the other sock took 3 days... I hope for more knitting time tonight, but we are going for sushi too! The sock blocker is one of the ones Kevin made for me.

No comments: