Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6: Applique

Okay, back off the machine embroidery again, I'll have more to show tomorrow (I think there are 2 more projects left). This is a 12" x 12" applique quilt I made yesterday. This design caught my eyes months ago, it is from the magazine "Quilting Celebrations" and I just love the designer, Patrick Lose (he designed the fabrics too!).



I finally had the guts to make it. This is my second satin stitch applique project, you might remember the "let it snow" mug rug. I can't believe how much better I did this time around.



This quilt was so easy to make, and I think it looks amazing (oh, and the walking foot really does make binding so much easier- I can't believe the difference). I made this little wall hanging yesterday afternoon, just a few hours!




I'm going to hang it up at work next to my Coneflower wall hanging (I'll be the crazy quilt lady in no time!)





In other news, I had a 25% my entire purchase coupon at Joann's so I went to go see if they had stabilizer. Not only do they, it is part of the notions wall, which is always 50% off!!! So I got it 62.5% off with both discounts combined :) I bought the sticky kind and the wash-away kind so I can make towels, and also bought some tear away for other projects. It was SO much less expensive than what the quilting store sells, so I am excited to play. I only have a large hoop, so there is a bit of waste, but at this price, it makes more sense than buying a smaller hoop (expensive).


But first, laundry....

No comments: