Thursday, September 3, 2009

Here is a picture of the Mockery Socks. Man these socks are a mess. I did an awful job with them. I had done some "creative numbers" since I wasn't making gauge and had 34 on the instep and 32 on the sole and I meant to move one stitch before starting the heel, but forgot, but then I must have missed a row of decreases because by the time I finished the toe I had 4 more on the top than the bottom... As such they fit kind of wonky, but are mostly okay. I'm sure they'll stretch overtime.

These are some of the tallest socks I've made, and I was freaking out that I would run out of yarn for the second sock. I weighed these and they are 34 grams. haha. (For non-knitters a skein of sock yarn is 100 grams- so 50 per sock). I have plenty! Man are my feet small. These also aren't yarn eaters like Cookie A tends to design.

The pattern looks like it is ripply, but when I wear it, it stretches out over my calf and looks really cool, and very subtle.


Love them, mistakes and all.

2 comments:

SuzyQ01 said...

Those socks look really cool, especially stretched out. :)

Little Loves' Mama said...

I think they're pretty!