Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yesterday...

So yesterday I posted twice already and then the most adorable thing ever happened... but I can't post 3 times in one day. So I waited- and now I share it with you! (Unless you are a facebook friend, and then you already saw it, but seriously, you need to see again.)


This squirrel had been sneaking around our deck. Kevin caught him up there once before and was surprised he came so close- the trees are in the back of the yard, and we do have a dog. I think all the animals know our dog is useless and will not catch them, and if she does, no big deal, she'll just poke a few times and bark loudly. (Well, except once she did hurt an animal...)

Anyhow, he snuck around the railing of the deck for awhile, then furtively walked along the deck- and stole a drink of water. Elsa had been at the door watching all this, and she was just fine with it, until he went for the water- then she started shaking vigorously. We gave the squirrel a head start to the back of the yard, where he slipped under the fence and then let Elsa out. She went for the tree he is usually in, and was disappointed when she couldn't find him. I think her nose must not work- he went left, not right. I love my dog, but she's not too bright.

6 comments:

Carlene said...

That. Is hilarious! Soon you will find him in front of your refrigerator with the door open.

Jessim said...

oh- you found it. I added a follow up comment to your blog.

Yeah, if THAT happens we HAVE to get a new dog. She has inspired NO fear in the forest-creatures who treat our yard as home.

SuzyQ01 said...

Too cute...Elsa is a sweet dog, even if she isn't that bright

crochetgurl said...

That's so adorable! I love how his feet are all spread out so he can get a better grip on the edge. :-D

ludistitcher said...

Great picture!

Vivian said...

That's one brave squirrel. Elsa was polite, or maybe the squirrel did something on the way out and tricked her.